FV Hospital offers Covid-19 screening for outpatients at the hospital, on-site at your home and on-site for corporate entities.
What is the Covid-19 screening test?
- We employ a technique called RT-PCR (Reverse Transcription Polymerase Chain Reaction) to run the test.
- RT-PCR technique has an accuracy rate of 99%.
- Our lab has also been prepared and verified to have met the stringent requirements set by MOH. We are proud to say that to-date, we are one of the very few in the country that meets their standard.
- The Covid-19 RT-PCR test detects RNA from SARS-CoV-2 in upper and lower respiratory specimens obtained by various methods, including nasopharyngeal swab.
- Negative results do not preclude SARS-CoV-2 infection and should not be used as the sole basis for patient management decisions. Negative results must be combined with clinical observations, patient history, and epidemiological information.
Who is eligible for the Covid-19 screening services?
- All individuals WITHOUT symptoms who wishes to screen for Covid-19.
- Individuals WITH symptoms, but NO history of contact with known case of Covid-19.
In what conditions my request for Covid-19 on-site screening WILL NOT be processed?
If you meet any of the criteria below, you are not eligible for Covid-19 On-Site Screening:
- You had any close contact with a confirmed Covid-19 case;
- You attended an event associated with known Covid-19 outbreak;
- You are on quarantine (however people on home self-isolation are eligible)
Why would a healthy person without any symptom want to get the test done?
- The incubation period for Covid-19 is between 2 to 14 days. Which means that a person who has the virus can appear perfectly healthy up to 14 days after contracting the virus, before any symptoms appear.
- Screening allows to find silent carriers of the virus.
- Some countries require visitors to be screened through a RT-PCR test before allowed entry. These countries include Cambodia, Japan, Korea, Saudi Arabia, some European countries, as well as a number of countries in Africa.
- Some companies require employees to be screened through a RT-PCR test before resuming work.
Do I need to make advance payment?
Yes, advance payment is required prior to conducting the Covid-19 on-site screening.
With the additional transportation charges aside, the fee includes the Personal Protective Equipment (PPEs) used by our professionals during the sampling. These PPEs are disposed off after every use and are not recycled.
What should I do after receiving confirmed appointment for a Covid-19 at home screening?
- Avoid heavy food 2 hours before swab testing.
- Prepare a non-air-conditioned room with open window (for swab taking).
When can I get my results?
- Your result will be sent to you by email within 8-12 hours after your specimen collection. Time for result may be longer for specimens collected outside regular working hours or weekends.
- If SARS-CoV-2 is detected, you will be notified by phone and the Ho Chi Minh City Center for Disease Control (HCDC) will be immediately informed.
What should I do if my result is positive?
- A team from the CDC will come to your home to do an epidemiological study (contact tracing) and you will be transferred by ambulance to the Hospital for Tropical Diseases