MEDICAL SOCIAL WORKER (MSW)
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Will be responsible to receive the patients and to ensure that registration is done for new patients. MSW will be responsible for collecting demographic details of the patients through the Registration form. The MSW will also have to capture details of the referring doctor and patient’s family doctor details.
- Explain the rights and responsibilities of the Patients. Also, the hospital policies and procedures have to be clearly explained to the Patients.
- Maintain and keep track of the patient walk-in register. This is to be further done by collecting daily statistics with regard to registration, admission and discharge. The daily statistics collected is to be complied and computed into a Monthly analysis. This is to be shared with the Manager Operations in the prescribed format.
- MSW will be responsible for coordinating for the patients’ cancer screening.
- Guiding patients and answering their queries.
- Queries and guidance to the patients should be done courteously in a professional manner without offending the Patients.
- MSW should have sound knowledge of the medical process followed at FVH to be able to direct patients towards the respective treatments.
- MSW should be able to effectively negotiate with the patients on financial matters (we should not lose patients due to financial issues).
- Understand the socio-economic status of the patient and colour code the patient file accordingly.
Medical & Surgical Oncology:
- Create a schedule and give out appointments appropriately to patients. MSW has to explain the consultation process and convey the OPD timings.
- Coordinating and communicate with MRD for case files.
- Guiding patients for the investigations after consultation.
- Assist the patients with admission and bed booking. Filling pre authorization forms and medical claim forms and follow up with insurance desk.
- Giving treatment estimation letter, medical fitness certificate and reference letter to the patients. MSW will so be responsible for calculating the Estimation vs. Actual.
- Ward rounds with consultants.
- New patient tracking and follow up statistics.
- Giving CM/PM letter for the patient. Sending thanking letters to referring doctors.
- Coordinate with NMD for CT scan, PET scan, Muga Scan and Bone Scan.
- Write letters to NGOs, Philanthropists, and Mass Media seeking financial assistance for the economically poor patients. Providing financial support for poor patients by assessing their socio-economic status. To coordinate with FVH Foundation for financial assistance to the poor patients.
Bachelor degree in Social Work or Healthcare Related Degree. Graduated from Social Worker in healthcare is an advantage.
Experience: Fresher Experience
Skills and knowledge:
- Job competence.
- Quality and Safety consciousness.
- Commitment & initiative.
- Initiative, punctuality & learning,
- Adherence to work ethics, dependability.
- Interpersonal relations.
- Team work,
- Positive & empathetic attitude
- Computer Skills & Knowledge
Language: Fluent in English