SPEECH & LANGUAGE THERAPISTS
General Job Description:
Speech Therapist is responsible in providing Speech & Language therapy to inpatients and outpatients as well as developing speech therapy activities for adults and children.
The Speech Therapist:
- Provides direct inpatient and outpatient care
- Ensures hospital compliance with standards for the disabled people
- Participates as a team member in developing and effectuating relevant care paths with other health caregivers,
- Develops policies, guidelines and protocols related to speech & language therapy
- Develop improvement project or research
- Maintains equipment in good working condition and ensures a supportive and safe care environment
- Provides training or supervision related to speech therapy specialty
- Degree in Speech therapy (minimum 3 years’ study).
- A post graduate degree is highly recommended.
- Speech therapy license registration
- Experience in hospital setting is recommended
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in both adult and children population.
- Experience in leading and developing projects is recommended
Skills and knowledge:
- Good communication skills, included oral, written as interpersonal skills
- Good computer skills, word, excel, power point
- Shows empathy and contemporary attitude towards people with disabilities and cultural diversity,
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team-oriented environment;
- Ability to work in interdisciplinary and multicultural environment,
- Ability to write protocols, guidelines in English
- Open minded, creative thinker, active learner, flexible, responsive and curious,
- Well-developed problem solving ability,
- Ability to prioritize, organize and achieve effectively multiple tasks
- Ability to make decision and ability to address varied problems
- Ability to set goals and determine how to achieve them successfully
- Shows clinical evidence based practice for Speech & Language therapy
- Shows strong knowledge background on adult and children rehabilitation
- Ability to perform speech & language therapy for acute, sub-acute or chronic patient’s condition
- Fluent in 2 languages among English, French or Vietnamese