Comprehensive screening for sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) at FV for only VND 3,900,000
You can catch sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) unintentionally and they generally have incubation periods before physical symptoms will appear. Screening for STDs will protect you, your spouse and foetus.
FV Hospital has just launched a comprehensive screening service which includes medical examination, testing, and results given quickly for just VND 3,900,000.
Instead of examining for each separate disease as before, FV’s new screening package includes detection of
- Syphilis (VDRL/RPR & TPHA)
- Chlamydia infections
- Urogenital screening (trichomonas, mycoplasma and ureaplasma)
- Screening for Hepatitis B for men, women, and even newborn babies.
Doctors will test specimens from vaginal secretions, urine, or blood to determine results and suitable treatment consultation.
FV is equipped with modern, international-standard testing systems such as the Vitek MS (Maldi-Tof) device which automatically identifies bacteria, and is staffed by a large group of doctors who specialise in dermatology and have the clinical experience to treat sexual health problems. FV’s staff is also trained to offer psychological counselling to relieve patients’ anxiety and concerns when receiving medical examination and treatment for these sensitive diseases.
When should you go to see a doctor to test for STDs?
If your body has these physical symptoms:
- Unusual fluid from vagina or glans of the penis.
- Itchy, red, sore or irritated anus or genitals, or if you have unusual ulcers which may or may not be painful.
- Burning or pain when you urinate, or if you’re urinating more than usual.
- Unusual pain in the lower abdomen which is not related to the menstrual cycle.
- Pain during sexual intercourse, bleeding after sex.
- If you are pregnant or intend to get pregnant.