Stroke (Cerebral Stroke) is a dangerous disease with the third highest death rate in the world, only after cancer and cardiovascular disease. The condition creates a big burden for families and society as the treatment of stroke is complicated and costly with a severe disability rate. Previously, stroke was often considered to be a disease of the elderly but recently, the condition has been more likely to occur in middle-aged and young people. Despite of the disease along with stress from work, an unbalanced diet and alcohol abuse are the causes of stroke in young people. However, this disease can be screened and prevented.
Prof. PhD. Dr Mahendran Nadarajah
In order to help patients detect signs of stroke at the earliest stage, and increase the possibility of successful treatment for those who are at risk, FV Hospital has implemented a screening programme valued at VND15,200,000 which includes a comprehensive list of examinations and intensive testing. These include:
- Examination with Doctors from the Interventional Neuroradiology Department
- Analysis and report of stroke carried out by specialist from the Interventional Neuroradiology
- Examination with Cardiologist
- Complete blood count (CBC)
- High-sensitivity CRP test
- Renal function tests: urine analysis, creatinine and creatinine clearance
- Liver function tests: liver enzymes GGT, ASAT / ALAT ratio
- Thyroid stimulating hormone – TSH
- Cholesterol test: total Cholesterol, Triglyceride, Cholesterol HDL, and Cholesterol LDL
- Axit Uric
- Carotid Artery & Cerebral Artery MRI
The programme is performed by Prof. PhD. Dr Mahendran Nadarajah – one of the world’s leading neurosurgeons. He will coordinate with the team of FV doctors from related specialities to consult and provide appropriate treatment regimens when detecting abnormal signs.
To get consultation about a screening package, please contact: (028) 629 11167
To make appointment with Dr Mahendran Nadajah, please contact FV’s Neurosurgery Department: (028) 5411 3333.