PATIENT SAFETY MANAGER
The principal purpose of the Patient Safety Manager is to ensure that the Quality and Patient Safety Plan of FV Hospital is carried-out effectively throughout the organization. This position also serves the functions of the Deputy of the Quality Director and Program Coordinator on patient safety for The Joint Commission International (JCI) accreditation project of FV Hospital. This position requires formulation, collection, analysis, and oversight of data entry on relevant patient safety indicators.
- Guided by the QMDirector, facilitates and coordinates all quality improvement activities, risk management, JCI accreditation compliance and tracer activities;
- Supports QM Director and QIPS Committee in implementing quality initiatives including projects of the committee and maintenance of clinical registries and monitoring of quality and outcome measures
- Assists clinical departments in the development, standardization, implementation, and monitoring of the clinical operational policies and procedures:
- Recommends quality improvement tools and techniques to be used in measuring the company’s quality performance and variations; and solving quality related problems;
- Designs, schedules, and conducts quality review audits as appropriate to the facility or service;
- Reviews quality standards and existing hospital policies and procedures, serves a s a liaison and interviews hospital personnel including doctors and patients to evaluate the effectiveness of quality improvement program;
- Recommends procedures and guidelines to direct the practices used in performing corrective action;
- Develops, writes, and implements quality system policies, procedures, and work instructions;
- Oversees and monitors data generation, analysis, improvement actions by different clinical and non-clinical departments;
- Actively supports, participates, and maintains the integrity and on-going functions of the facilities safety program of the Hospital;
- Coordinates with Purchasing for the development and maintenance of the supply chain and supplier audit program;
- Assists the QM Director to plan, direct; and evaluate the work of QM staff; complies with human resource management policies and procedures; ensures adequate staffing levels; coaches and develops staff and addresses performance concerns:
- Provides reports related to quality improvement and patient safety program to QM Director:
- Assists departments and QIPS Committee in identifying, monitoring, and evaluating key measures for each of the International Patient Safety Goals and other related standards of patient care;
- Initiates and coordinates data collection, analysis, and improvement of patient safety policies and procedures;
- Generates and/or coordinates the development of various reports regarding performance measures and patient safety indicators;
- Aggregates, analyzes, and reports patient safety-related data for improvement;
- Participates in planning, development, coordination, and presentation of specific trainings and educational programs as appropriate to the quality management and improvement needs of the Hospital;
- Reviews non-conformances, adverse events, observations, and patient complaints for repetitive trends, and recommends corrective and preventive actions to improve processes and systems;
- Performs system and individual patient tracers or quality review audits as appropriate to the facility or service:
- Performs other duties that may be assigned as necessary to the role of a Patient Safety Manager.
- Graduate of any four (4) year allied health course
- Masteral course in related health field is preferable.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a Quality role in a Hospital;
- Worked in a JCI accredited hospital with at least 200 beds.
Skills and knowledge:
- With experiential knowledge of quality improvement processes, strategic planning, and policy development is preferred;
- Proficient in MS office applications and programs related to data collection and analysis.
- Self motivation
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Customer service/ client satisfaction
- Communication skills
- Planning & organizing
- Decisiveness & accountability
- Supervision, control & leadership
- Fluent English