The Risk Manager maintains a proactive risk management program in compliance with the provisions of JCI standards 2014 version, and local statutes, applicable scope of practice and regulations.
The Risk Manager is responsible for create, implement, and evaluate the outcome of the risk management plan. Assists in planning and execution of the Quality Management and Improvement Projects in accordance with the Quality Plan, approved hospital policies and acceptable quality standards (e.g. JCIA, ISO, HAS, etc.).
The Risk Manager coordinates with quality/performance improvement, infection control, organizational/patient safety and environment of care management. The risk management program is formally addressed through the risk management committee, mortality and morbidity committee, and quality improvement and patient safety committee.
The Risk Manager directs the risk management program provides for collaboration among all departments, services, and patient care professionals within the organization. The risk management program provides policies, procedures and protocols to address events which may create business-related liability, professional liability, and general liability, workers’ compensation, and motor vehicle liability exposures. The identification, investigation and management of incident, accidents, injuries and other potentially compensable events are a primary responsibility under the risk management plan. This process is directed by the risk manager and others who are delegated to participate in the various components of managing adverse events occurring with patients, staff, visitors and organizational assets.
This position requires analysis, and oversight of data entry on relevant patient safety indicators, clinical and managerial monitors.
- First Medical Degree or other Healthcare Related Degree
- Masters degree in Public health or other health related field
- Software Packages: experience and competence in, e.g. Word processing packages, spread sheets, presentation packages
- 4-5 years progressively responsible experience in hospital risk management
- 2 years senior level experience to include budgeting, staffing and supervision of personnel.
- Knowledge or experience of incident management in any healthcare setting
- Training and excellent presentation experience
- Skills and knowledge
- Sound knowledge of clinical audit and clinical effectiveness
- Understanding of how clinical audit and effectiveness contributes to clinical governance
- Planning and organisational abilities, e.g.:
- Highly motivated self-starter;
- Ability to prioritise workload and work flexibly;
- Ability to meet deadlines with tight timescales.
- Interpersonal /Communication Skills:
- Ability to relate well both verbally and in writing with staff all levels in the organisation
- Ability to work effectively within different teams;
- Ability to give clear oral presentations and training in both groups and individually;
- Ability to write clear reports appropriate to requirements.
- Able to influence others.
- Excellent written communication skills in English.
- Able to work on own initiative.
- Resilient and able to maintain personal effectiveness and work well under pressure
- Integrity: Able to process sensitive information whilst maintaining confidentiality
- Foreign language(s): fluent English