FibroScan is the first and only non-invasive device for diagnosis and monitoring of hepatic fibrosis.
Why do we need to quantify liver fibrosis?
In its initial stages, liver fibrosis develops silently and often causes no symptoms. Early diagnosis and treatment will help prevent the disease from progressing to liver cancer, liver function failure, or other complications which may lead to more serious conditions and even death.
High risk of liver fibrosis
- Having hepatitis B and C …
- Increased liver enzymes due to various causes
- Obesity, fatty liver, blood lipid disorder, diabetes, hypertension
Advantages of FibroScan
- Result is delivered in a few minutes
- FibroScan can be applied instead of liver biopsy to help doctors make the next step for diagnosis and treatment
- Painless and harmless
- Can be performed many times for monitoring the liver fibrosis
Quantifying liver fibrosis with expert in FibroScan
Fibroscan is performed by a team of qualified doctors at the Hepato-Gastroenterology Department of FV hospital:
Dr. Nguyen Ngoc Son is the Head of Department, who was trained and worked in Hepato-Gastroenterology in France and is an expert of Echosens – Paris in FibroScan;
Dr. Ngo Van Huy is the Deputy Head of Department, who was trained in Hepatology in Hong Kong. Completing the team is an expert staff of French, Swiss and Vietnamese doctors.