FV Hospital has cooperated with reputable international pharmaceutical companies to create the Free Partial Medicine Support Programme, also called “Patient Affordability Programme”, approved by the Ministry of Health in a few selected hospitals in Vietnam, including FV Hospital. Its aim is to reduce the financial burden for patients who can then have access to highly effective drugs for the duration of their treatment, improving treatment efficiency and quality of life.
The medicines supported under this programme are very expensive and are not covered by the Vietnamese Health Insurance. The eight drugs approved by the Ministry of Health for coverage under this programme are:
- Tagrisso (Osimertinib): Indicated for patients diagnosed with locally advanced or metastatic non-small cell lung cancer with mutation-positive EGFR or EGFR T790M, and in adjuvant treatment for adult patients with stage IB-IIIA non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) with epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) deletion mutations on exon 19 or exon 21 L858R point mutation after complete tumour resection. Patients who buy one cycle of Tagrisso will receive one additional cycle of medicine, free of charge. Application period: from June 5, 2020, to the end of the programme.
- Imfinzi (Durvalumab): is indicated for the treatment of adult patients with unresectable Stage III non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) whose disease has not progressed following concurrent platinum-based chemotherapy and radiation therapy. IMFINZI, in combination with etoposide and either carboplatin or cisplatin, is indicated for the first-line treatment for adult patients with extensive-stage small cell lung cancer (ES-SCLC). For treated patients with a fixed dose 1500mg, after the patient buying/ 01 (one) box of Imfinzi 500 mg, they will receive 02 (two) boxes of Imfinzi 500 mg. Application period: is from April 6, 2022, to December 1, 2025.
- Lynparza (Olaparib): Indicated for patients with ovarian cancer, breast cancer, Ovarian cancer, Adenocarcinoma of the pancreas and Prostate cancer. Patients buying/using 01 (one) Lynparza treatment cycle, they will receive 02 (two) Lynparza free treatment cycle. Application period: from April 6, 2022, to December 31, 2025.
- PERJETA (Pertuzumab): Indicated for HER2-positive breast cancer patients. Patients who buy two bottles of Perjeta will receive one additional bottle, free of charge. Application period: from August 19, 2022, to December 31, 2023.
- KEYTRUDA(Pembrolizumab): Indicated for Vietnamese and foreign patients diagnosed with (1) Melanoma; (2) Non-small cell lung cancer; (3) Classical Hodgkin lymphoma; (4) Urothelial carcinoma; (5) Head and neck cancer; (6) Gastric cancer; (7) Microsatellite instability-high cancer; (8) Cervical cancer; (9) Hepatocellular carcinoma; (10) Microsatellite Instability-High or Mismatch Repair Deficient Colorectal Cancer; (11) Primary Mediastinal Large B-Cell Lymphoma; (12) Esophageal cancer; and (13) Triple-negative breast cancer. Patients who buy one bottles of KEYTRUDA will receive one additional bottle, free of charge. Application period: from August 1, 2022, to December 31, 2023.
- Eylea (Aflibercept): Indicated for patients with retinopathy. Patients who buy one bottle of Eylea will receive one bottle for free. Application period: from September 26, 2022, to September 26, 2024.
- OFEV (Nintedanib): Indicated for patients who require treatment for idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF), other advanced fibrotic interstitial lung (ILDs) with progressive phenotype, and systemic scleroderma interstitial lung disease (SSc-ILD). It is used in combination with decetaxel for the treatment of locally advanced, metastatic non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) or recurrent NSCLC that is an adenocarcinoma histologically following first-line chemotherapy. Patients who buy two bottles of OFEV will receive one additional bottle, free of charge. Application period: from November 9, 2022, to December 31, 2025.
- TECENTRIQ (atezolizumab), indicated for treatment of Early-stage non-small cell lung cancer, Metastatic non-small cell lung cancer, Small cell lung cancer, Hepatocellular carcinoma and Metastatic urinary carcinoma. Patients pay their costs for 1 vial of TECENTRIQ (1200 mg) in the 1st, 3rd, and 4th cycles. Patients are supported free of charge with 1 vial of TECENTRIQ (content 1200 mg) in the 2nd and 5th cycles. Application period: is from 08/09/2023 until 31/10/2024.
Terms and conditions:
- The programme applies to all patients who are examined at FV and have a prescription from a doctor for one of the eight medicines described above.
- Patients must be provided with the terms and conditions and application period of the programme before making a decision.
- Patients must sign an agreement when participating in the programme.
- The programme applies until patient stops their treatment according to their doctor’s direction, or when they decide to stop participating in the programme, or when the programme expires.
Over the years, FV’s Hy Vong Cancer Centre, Ophthalmology & Refractive Surgery, Pulmonology and Internal Medicine departments have continuously developed and improved the quality of examination services. FV Hospital has also constantly updated and applied the world’s most advanced methods and techniques to help optimise treatment efficiency.
FV has a team of experienced, dedicated cancer, lung, and ophthalmology specialists who invest a great deal of time in understanding each case and caring for their patients. Each patient is consulted individually so that a personalised treatment regimen can be developed which depends on their condition, stage of disease, and medical history. FV’s international-standard treatment environment and modern facilities help patients to feel secure, think positively and stay hopeful that they will overcome their illness.