PREPARATIONS FOR SURGERY
- Do not wear soft contact lenses for at least 4 days, or hard/rigid contact lenses for at least 2 weeks prior to surgery.
- One (1) day before surgery, begin lid scrubs twice a day (when you get up in early morning and when you go to bed in night time) as follows: Heat a clean washcloth with warm water and wrap the cloth around your index finger. Close your eyes and gently scrub along the upper and lower lash lines, rubbing 15 to 20 times.
- Do not wear eye makeup from this moment.
- Please shower and wash your hair in the day before surgery or in the morning of surgery.
ON THE DAY OF YOUR PROCEDURE
- Please arrive one hour before surgery for us to prepare your eyes and recheck measurements.
- Please arrange for someone to drive you home or plan on taking the taxi after your surgery. You must not drive until after your check-up day.
- We recommend eating a light meal before you arrive, but do not eat any heavy, greasy food.
- Do not wear makeup, perfume, hair spray, scented deodorant, or anything that has a fragrance, as this may affect the function of the laser.
- Do not wear your hair in a ponytail or braid on the day of surgery.
- Be sure to wear loose, comfortable, long pants and long-sleeved shirt with buttons in the front for your procedure.
- Your time in the laser suite will be about 15-20 minutes. The actual procedure is about 5 minutes per eye, with the remaining time for preparations. Your surgeon will be talking to you through each step of the procedure.
- Plan on being with us for approximately two hours.
Please call us at (028) 5411 3333, ext: 2000 if you have any further questions.