If you have near-sightedness, farsightedness or astigmatism, refractive surgery can reduce your dependence on glasses and contact lenses, enhancing your confidence. Refractive surgery, also known as “laser shot”, is a modern way to safely, quickly restore your vision.
FV Hospital Ophthalmology and Refractive Surgery Department offers many options for refractive surgery, including Lasik, Femtosecond Lasik and new CLEAR technique.
From November 15, 2022, to February 17th, 2023, FV Hospital’s special promotion will offer up to VND 20 million applied to CLEAR and FEMTOSECOND LASIK surgery techniques.
Through this preferential programme, the package costs to treat both eyes is only:
- CLEAR surgery package, now only 55,000,000 VND (original price 70,000,000 VND)
- CLEAR surgery combined with Crosslinking (CLEAR Xtra), now only 65,000,000 VND (original price 85,000,000 VND)
- Femtosecond Lasik surgery package, now only 41,000,000 VND (original price 47,400,000 VND)
- Femtosecond Lasik surgery combined with Crosslinking (Femtosecond Lasik Xtra) is now only 54,000,000 VND (original price 62,400,000 VND)
Why is surgery at FV Hospital different?
- All procedures are performed by expert Dr Nguyen Thi Mai – Head of Ophthalmology and Refractive Surgery;
- Simple and fast procedure in just a few minutes;
- No pain, nor irritation;
- No need for convalescence with quick recovery time after just 3 days;
- Safe and accurate with modern equipment;
- Long-term efficiency;
- Free 4 post-surgery follow-ups;
- Using the latest ophthalmic medical and surgical services.
Patients will feel the difference from the intensive pre-operative examination to help accurately determine the refraction, corneal thickness, eye parameters as well as assess eye condition with modern equipment only available at FV. This is considered as a screening step to help detect congenital eye diseases at an early stage such as keratoconus or contraindications to surgery that cannot be detected by conventional machines. And will be the basis to help doctors come up with appropriate surgical methods, avoid complications and ensure patient safety.
FV is one of the few hospitals in Vietnam equipped with a corneal mapping machine that combines corneal biomechanical strength measurement with Oculus Corvis ST and Oculus Pentacam AXL to help doctors determine the Accurately detectable corneal stability, stiffness and convexity even at latent stage. From there, it is easy to assess the corneal condition of each patient both before and after surgery.
In addition to a team of doctors and modern equipment, FV is one of the few hospitals that has an infection control and patient safety process that meets international standards equivalent to hospitals, helping customers avoid risks. risk of cross-infection and more peace of mind when visiting and treating at FV.
LATEST TREATMENT METHODS
- No corneal flap to maximize corneal surface preservation
- The treatment method by extracting corneal tissue with the cutting line is only 1/10 compared with conventional techniques, optimally shortening the surgery time
- Minimize the risk of dry eyes after refractive surgery
- Less inflammatory response, faster vision recovery time
- Can choose many different incisions
- People from 18 to 60 years old (the best age for myopia surgery is under 40 years old)
- Maximum nearsightedness -10 Diop, maximum disturbance 5 Diop. Refraction is stable for at least 6 months (do not increase by more than 0.75 Diop)
- Normal corneal structure (no scarring, not cone-shaped), cornea is not too thin
- No acute or chronic eye disease such as infection, eye injury, retinopathy, cataract
- People who are not subject to contraindications to refractive surgery.
- Step 1: The patient is disinfected eyes and numbed the surface before the surgery
- Step 2: Then the Z8 Femtosecond laser shines through the corneal surface, separating the core in the middle
- Step 3: The surgeon will make 2 small cuts (about 2mm) on the edge of the cornea with a laser, then withdraw the core tissue through the surgical wound, minimizing the invasion of the corneal surface.
- Step 4: The surgery takes about 10-15 minutes.
- Eyesight is restored immediately after surgery.
- People aged from 18 with myopia, hypermetropia, or astigmatism with stable refraction.
- Specially applied to people with high degree of refraction and thin corneas.
- Step 1: Creating a thin flap in the cornea using the Femtosecond Laser, then flipping the cornea flap to expose the parenchyma beneath.
- Step 2: Using excimer laser to reshape the cornea beneath the flap and correct the refraction.
- Step 3: Repositioning the corneal flap.
For a long time, collagen has played a key role in the cosmetic medical field. Collagen acts as the glue that holds our tissues together as well as giving strength and flexibility to our bodies. The corneal collagen crosslinking technique (CXL) has been developed to form strong chemical bonds between collagen fibrils and adjacent fibrils, aiming to increase corneal biological flexibility for bright and healthy eyes.
In Vietnam, only a few medical facilities, including FV Hospital, are able to perform CLEAR Xtra and Femto Lasik Xtra surgeries based on the corneal crosslinking technique – a minimally invasive surgical option which does not cause pain and offers a high degree of safety.
This method is recommended for patients with keratoconus and postoperative corneal edema.
CXL is effective in treating patients with high degree myopia and thin corneas. It helps to increase the cornea’s durability after undergoing Lasik surgery, reduces the threat of corneal edema and stabilizes the eye’s refractive status.
To make an appointment and benefit this special promotion, please call FVH’s Ophthalmology & Refractive Surgery Department at (028) 54 11 33 33, ext. 2000.