Nutrition plays an important role in forming and developing our bodies and maintaining our health. In each period of development, nutritional requirements are different. Particular attention to such requirements should be given to the following circumstances; stunted and anorexic children; elderly people (70 years old and over); those who suffer from chronic diseases, such as; cancer, diabetes, chronic cardiovascular or pulmonary disease, among others. If there are mistakes in the type of or lack of nutrition during such instances, serious consequences could arise.
With the mission to provide the right and useful nutritional information to both patients and relatives, from 23/9/2019 to 27/9/2019, FV Hospital will hold Awareness of Malnutrition Week 2019. The week will include information on the following:
- How to determine and treat malnutrition early with nutritional doctors
- Discussions with doctors about nutritional conditions
- Awareness of the role nutrition plays in a patient’s recovery
During this programme, attendees can benefit from some great promotions if they take an examination with FV’s Dietetics & Nutrition Department. These include:
- 20% discount off consultation fee with nutritional experts
- Free body composition analysis with InBody medical equipment
It is advised to take a nutritional examination in the following cases:
- Children: weight and height are lower than the standard level of those in the same age and sex, eating less than usual, bad physical activities, having gastric problems, etc.
- Adults: losing weight unreasonably, decrease in their sense of taste, suffering from oedema or containing water in their body, feeling tired for a long time, etc.
Doctors from the Dietetics & Nutrition Department create a treatment caring plan with the aim of providing enough nutrition to help patients regain their health and maintain their physical activities healthily. FV’s Dietetics & Nutrition Department offers nutritional consultant services to all ages from infants to elderly people, as well as pregnant or lactating women. In addition, they provide special nutritional consultations to those who have diabetes, cardiovascular diseases, blood pressure conditions, kidney failure, malnutrition, food allergies, anorexia, or problems with digestion, cholesterol, etc.
To make an appointment with doctors from FV’s Dietetics & Nutrition Department, contact: (028) 54 11 33 33 Ext: 1419
The World Awareness of Malnutrition Week was established by the American Society for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition (ASPEN) in 2012. Nowadays, it is supported by 69 organisations to share opportunities and messages about nutrition to more than 1 million healthcare experts, patients and relatives.