FV welcomes experienced French doctor in Hepato-Gastroenterology
Dr Jean-Marie Epeirier, MD, PhD, a French expert in digestive diseases, proctology, endoscopy and echo endoscopy, will work at FV Hospital’s Gastro-Enterology & Hepatology Department from the 9th to 20th January, 2017.
Dr Jean-Marie Epeirier currently works at the Department of Medicine and Endoscopy, Les Fleurs Clinic, Ollioules, France; and Department of Surgery and Endoscopy, Saint Michel Clinic, Toulon, also France. He is bringing over 20 years’ experience and skills in this field to further support FV Hospital.
For more information, please call: (08) 5411 3466.
Those patients who need endoscopic ultrasonography from doctors:
– Submucosa tumor of esophgus, stomach, duodenum
– Esophageal cancer, gastric cancer, unknow orriginal tumor of digestive system, especially early cancer
– Pancreatic tumor
– Pancreatic pseudo-cyst, unknow original pancreatic cyst
– Bile duct tumor
– Bile duct stone
– Unknown original bile duct dilatation
– Unknown original pancreatic duct dilatation
– Unknown original bile duct obstruction
– Rectal cancer, unknown original rectal tumor, especially early rectal cancer
– Unknown original abnormal mucosa of esophagus, stomach, rectum
– Other indications
Endoscopic ultrasonography (EUS) provides your doctor with more information than other imaging tests by providing detailed images of your digestive tract. EUS helps your doctor determine the extent of spread of certain cancers of the digestive and respiratory systems. EUS allows your doctor to accurately assess the cancer’s depth and whether it has spread to adjacent lymph glands or nearby vital structures, such as major blood vessels. In some patients, EUS can be used to obtain a needle biopsy of a lump or lesion to help your doctor determine the proper treatment.