Prof. Donald Tan from Singapore, a global leader in the field of corneal diseases, will directly provide consultation and treatment to patients at Ophthalmology, FV Hospital on 28-29 October, 2016.
This is a great opportunity for patients affected by congenital, injury or infection-related corneal diseases to consult with him, a world renowned corneal specialist.
To schedule an appointment, please call (08) 54 11 34 36 – (08) 54 11 33 33, Ext. 2000 or click here to make an appointment online.
Prof. Dr Donald Tan
Former President of the World Corneal Society
President of the Asia Cornea Society, dedicated to reducing corneal blindness throughout Asia
Professor Donald Tan ranks among the leading international doctors in the field of advanced corneal transplantation and refractive surgeries, such as:
- Penetrating keratoplasty (a preeminent procedure that has yielded outstanding results for more than half a century and involves a full thickness transplant procedure to replace the host cornea with a donor cornea)
- Lamellar keratoplasty, an advanced lamellar transplantation procedure for treatment of Keratoconus or cone-shaped cornea conditions present at birth or due to superficial scarring of the anterior cornea.
This procedure selectively replaces only the damaged or diseased layers with healthy donor corneal layers and enables healthy corneal layers to remain intact, helping patients to recover more quickly and minimises the risk of graft rejection
- Ocular surface stem cell transplantation
- Osteo-odonto keratoprosthesis (OOKP “tooth-in-eye” surgery) for severe corneal injuries;
- Ocular surface reconstruction
- Artificial cornea (keratoprosthesis) surgery
- Endothelial keratoplasty
With 20 years of experience dedicated to medical and surgical treatment, transplantation, research and training in his field, Professor Tan has been recognised as one of the top 20 leading ophthalmological surgeons in the world, and ranks third on the list of 100 of the world’s most influential contributors to ophthalmology today by the Ophthalmologist Power List (UK).