In the run up to spring 2014, FV Hospital hosted a ceremony to award prizes to the winners of the “YOUR STORY” writing contest at FV Hospital on 17th January, In collaboration with Thanh Nien Newspaper, FV Hospital organised this contest to encourage patients and their families to express their gratitude to the doctors and nurses who took care of them and helped them to overcome their ailments and illness.
Over the course of 12 weeks from 7th October to 29th December 2013, the contest received more than 330 stories, each of which expressed touching experiences and unforgettable memories from the author themselves or on behalf of their family members (grandparents, father, mother, wife, husband or children) as the result of dedicated care from doctors or healthcare providers. Many medical facilities in Vietnam were praised, including FV Hospital, Children’s Hospital No.2, Children’s Hospital No.1, Trung Vuong Hospital and the National Hospital of Odonto-Stomatology. After careful consideration, the Board of Organisers decided to award 12 weekly prizes, three monthly prizes and one grand prize to the writers of the most touching stories.
Weekly prizes: One of 12 weekly cash prizes of VND 500,000 and a gift set of FV Hospital hats and T-shirts were awarded to:
- Doan Thi Luong, the first week’s winner, with the story “THANKS TO LIFE FOR ITS FRAGRANCES!”
- Do Thi Thanh Phuong, the second week’s winner, with the story “THE SWEET CHOCOLATE”
- Phan Thi Ngoc Dung, the third week’s winner, with the story “ARE YOU AFRAID OF DOCTORS?”
- Tran Phuong Linh, the fourth week’s winner, with the story “GOING TO THE DENTIST IS NOT SCARY AT ALL”
- Hoang Thi Lanh, the fifth week’s winner, with the story “GRATITUDE FOR DOCTORS’ HEARTS”
- Vu Thi Van, the sixth week’s winner, with the story “THANK YOU – THE SECOND FATHER TO MY DAUGHTER”
- Nguyen Duc Bao Uyen, the seventh week’s winner, with the story BIN’S STORY
- Tran Kiet Long, the eighth week’s winner, with the story “GRATITUDE FOR EVERYONE’S HEARTS”
- Nguyen Phuong Lan, the ninth week’s winner, with the story “GRATITUDE FOR LOVING HANDS”
- Tran Thi Thanh Dao, the tenth week’s winner, with the story “THE MAGIC OF LIFE”
- Nguyen Bich Ngoc, the eleventh week’s winner, with the story “MY THANKS FOR THE DIFFICULTIES THAT MADE ME STRONGER”
- Tran Thi Sinh, the twelfth week’s winner, with the story “THE WHITE BLOUSE – MY BELOVED COLOUR”
Monthly prizes: Three monthly prizes of VND 5,000,000 cash and a general checkup package for one person at FV Hospital valued at VND 1,800,000 were awarded to:
- Nguyen Thi Minh Nghia, the October winner, with the story “THE JOURNEY TO FIND MY FACE AGAIN”
- Luu Thi Ngoc Hanh, the November winner, with the story “MY FATHER”
- Ngo Thi Phung, the December winner, with the story “THE HIPPOCRATIC OATH”
The grand prize of VND 10,000,000 cash and a general checkup package at FV Hospital worth VND 10,800,000 for a family of six was awarded to Nguyen Thi Minh Nghia for her story “THE JOURNEY TO FIND MY FACE AGAIN.”
The “YOUR STORY” writing contest might be over, but the emotions and gratitude expressed towards doctors and nurses by patients and their families are always appreciated. Your support will always be their motivation to remain dedicated to community health care and to stand by their patients as they go through tough times.