Colorectal cancer screening (virtual colonoscopy)
Price: 6,000,000 VNĐ
Colorectal cancer is the third most commonly occurring cancer in men and the second most commonly occurring cancer in women.
Doctors recommend that people with an average risk of colon cancer consider colon cancer screening around age 45. But people with an increased risk, such as those with a family history of colon cancer, or those suffering from inflammatory bowel disease, should consider screening sooner.
The American Cancer Society recommends one of these testing schedules:
- Flexible sigmoidoscopy every 5 years, or
- Colonoscopy every 10 years, or
- CT colonography (virtual colonoscopy) every 5 years
The screening programme includes:
- Virtual colonoscopy
This programme is applies to:
For healthy men & women from 50 years of age without any of the below risk factors:
- A family history of colorectal cancer or adenomatous polyps
- A known family history of a hereditary colorectal cancer syndrome such as familial adenomatous polyposis (FAP) or hereditary non-polyposis colon cancer (HNPCC)
- A personal family history of inflammatory bowel disease (ulcerative colitis or Crohn’s disease)
- Consult your doctor if you are taking blood thinner or aspirin as you will need to stop taking these drugs as well as iron supplements seven to 14 days before colonoscopy.
- A 3-days preparation is required before virtual colonoscopy and instructions will be provided to you at appoinment time at Imaging Department
- Other exams and additional tests are not included in this programme.
- You will receive your results at Imaging Department