From January 26th to March 15th, 2021, FV Hospital’s Medical Office held the online election of the Medical Advisory Board for the 2021-2023 term via the Hospital’s intranet. The 14 candidates that received the highest number of votes were appointed members of the new Board.
On March 23rd, 2021, FV’s Medical Director Dr Do Trong Khanh named the 14 new members of the Board during the Medical Advisory Board meeting, and then the doctors present selected the Board’s Chairman and Vice Chairman. Dr Trinh Van Hai, Head of the A&E Department, was selected as Chairman of the Medical Advisory Board for this term. The responsibility of Vice Chairman of the Council was assigned to Dr Phan Van Thai, Head of General Surgery.
Dr Trinh Van Hai, Head of the A&E Department, was selected as Chairman of the Medical Advisory Board for this term.
The responsibility of Vice Chairman of the Council was assigned to Dr Phan Van Thai, Head of General Surgery.
Speaking after the election, Dr Trinh Van Hai said: “I’d like to thank my predecessor, Dr Lam Giang, for doing such a wonderful job. I hope you and everyone will continue to support me, as well as my associates on the new Medical Advisory Board.”
Dr Nguyen Thi Lam Giang, Former Chairman, Head of Department of Anaesthesia and Resuscitation, also expressed appreciation to everyone for their close cooperation during her term of office. At the same time, Dr Giang promised to continue to support the hospital in any way she could in the future.
According to consensus prior to the vote, FV’s Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Internal Medicine, Paediatrics & Neonatology, Anaesthesiology and A&E departments must have one staff member on the list of 14 doctors nominated as members of the Medical Advisory Board.
The list of 14 members of Medical Advisory Council for the term of 2021-2023 includes:
- Dr Trinh Van Hai (Head of A&E)
- Dr Phan Van Thai (Head of General Surgery);
- Dr Nguyen Thi Dieu Huyen (Head of Pediatrics & Neonatology);
- Dr Le Trong Phat (Head of Orthopedics & Hand Surgery);
- Dr Nguyen Thi Lam Giang (Head of Anesthesiology, ICU & Pain Control);
- Dr Ly Quoc Thinh (Deputy Head of Anaesthesiology & ICU, Pain Control);
- Dr Basma M’Barek (Head of Hy Vong Cancer Care Centre);
- Dr Vo Kim Dien (Deputy Head of Cancer Care Centre);
- Dr Nguyen Tu Duy (Head of Internal Medicine);
- Dr Vo Trieu Dat (Deputy Head of Obstetrics and Gynecology);
- Dr Le Dinh Phuong (Head of General Practice, Family Medicine and Check up);
- Dr Louis Brasseur (Head of Pain Clinic);
- Dr Vu Truong Son (Head of Infection Control Unit);
- Dr Luong Ngoc Trung (Thoracic & Vascular Surgeon).
During the meeting, Dr Do Trong Khanh also announced the Medical Office’s upcoming plans, such as the Covid-19 vaccinations, investment in medical equipment and preparation for JCI evaluation next year. Those topics are key issues for the Hospital.
The Medical Advisory Board (MAB) was established to ensure and maintain the highest quality of technical performance, patient care and medical ethics at FV Hospital and to advise Hospital Management on standards of patient care.