In 2022 – the 10th anniversary of the founding of the American Society for Parenteral & Enteral Nutrition (ASPEN), Malnutrition Awareness Week 2022 inspired with the key message “Nutritional care is the right of the patient” will take place from 19th to 23rd October 2022, with the aim of providing specific strategies to address malnutrition in various healthcare setting, including hospitals, communities, primary care, long-term care and acute care.
With the desire to bring accurate and practical nutrition information for patients and their relatives, and to increase awareness about the role of nutrition in the recovery of patients’ health, FV Hospital organises the “Malnutrition Awareness Week” programme with interesting and useful activities for patients, relatives and hospital staff as follows:
- Workshop on “Strategies for health care and nutrition for the elderly with malnourish or chronic illness”, to provide knowledge about health care in the elderly – one of the most vulnerable patients to malnutrition, broadcasting on the Youtube channel of FV Hospital, with the following guests:
- Doctor of SLII Nguyen Viet Quynh Thu – Head of FV Nutrition and Dietetics Department;
- Doctor SLII Do Quoc Hung, Head of Emergency Department, Nguyen Tri Phuong Hospital;
- Dr Luu Hong Diem, senior consultant, FV Clinic;
- People’s Artist Kim Xuan.
- The Food Contest for staff of FV Hospital with the theme “Preparing light meals for malnourished people” takes place from 2 pm – 4 pm on 22nd September, at the hospital canteen.
- To support professional medical activities, improve treatment results, and reduce malnutrition rates, FV employees can participate in free webinars on nutrition topics by ASPEN. Online seminars include:
- 12:00 19th September, “Identifying and Intervening Malnutrition for the elderly in the community”.
- 12:00 20th September, “Update modern methods of diagnosing Malnutrition in Adult Patients”.
- 12:00 21st September, “Solving and standardizing malnutrition from an expert perspective”.
- 12:00 22nd September, “The application of remarkable malnutrition studies into practice.
- 12:00 22nd September, “Challenges in the treatment of malnutrition in adult and paediatric patients with liver and kidney disease”.
Especially, during the program period, patients will receive a 50% discount for consultation with nutritionist and body composition analysis with InBody machine when visiting FV Nutrition & Dietetics department.
When to see a nutritionist:
- For young children, when the following signs appear: Weight and height below the norm for children of the same age and gender; eating less, poor physical activity, digestive problems, slow walking and slow teething.
- Adults: Malnutrition, unexplained weight loss, malabsorption, decreased appetite, oedema or water retention due to decreased protein in the blood, prolonged feeling of fatigue, etc.
- People with chronic diseases such as cancer, diabetes, cardiovascular disease, high blood pressure, kidney failure, obesity, patients before and after surgery, food allergies, anorexia or digestive system problems.
The doctors from FV Nutrition and Dietetics Department will provide a comprehensive treatment and care plan to provide enough nutrients to help patients recover and maintain healthy body activity. In addition, the patient will have their measured body composition with Inbody machine to determine the loss of muscle, percentage of fat and water of the body so that the doctor can provide a specific treatment regimen.
To book an appointment with Dr Nguyen Viet Quynh Thu, Head of Nutrition and Dietetics Department of FV Hospital, please contact: (028) 54 11 33 33, ext. 1419