Opening the new year “Giap Thin”, FV Hospital would like to invite enthusiastic volunteers to participate in the first blood donation campaign of 2024!
Aside from being a virtuous and sustainable tradition, “Give Blood – Give Hope” is a significant programme organised by FV Hospital in collaboration with the Blood Transfusion and Haematology Hospital in order to support patients in treatment as well as doctors delivering medical procedures.
Bringing a positive message of hope, the 11th programme aspires to continue receiving widespread contribution from volunteers. Furthermore, the organising team believes that the pride and meaning from this good deed remains forever with each volunteer and spread widely around, so that the blood donation community will grow stronger.
The 11th “Give Blood – Give Hope” programme is open to anyone who meets the requirements for blood donation as below:
- 7:30am-12:00pm, Friday – 26/01/2024
- Auditorium, 3rd Floor – F Building, FV Hospital
Each participant will receive a gift including:
- Cash travel expenses 50,000VND/person
- Snacks + drinks on site
- Certificate of Humanitarian Blood Donation
- Canned milk
- Blood donors between 18 and 60, healthy, over 45kg and not suffering from blood-borne infectious diseases, chronic or acute diseases of the respiratory and circulatory system.
- People who have been vaccinated for more than 14 days and those who are confirmed to have recovered from COVID-19 over 30 days.
- Blood donors must bring identification documents (ID/passport) and complete all information in the registration form at the blood donation area.
Notes before and after giving blood:
- Do not stay up late and do not drink alcohol the night before blood donation.
- Do not drive long distances, carry heavy loads, undertake manual labour or play strenuous sports on the day of blood collection or until you feel well.
- Blood donors must bring their ID/passport when donating blood.
- Have a snack (low protein, low fat); and drink plenty of water (300–500 ml) before donating blood.
- Eat enough and drink plenty of water 24 hours after donating blood.
- Lie down/sit down for 10 minutes after donating blood.
- Squeeze the haemostatic cotton pad on injections site for 10 minutes, and keep the bandage in place for 4-6 hours.
- Lie down with your head low and your legs elevated if you feel dizzy, tired, or nauseous.
- Apply cold towels and ice if the injection site is swollen or bruised.