The application of herbs and acupuncture, massage and acupressure techniques have been recognised by the World Health Organisation (WHO) for its safety and effectiveness in the treatment of issues such as:
- Conditions affecting the nervous system: sciatica, post-shingles pain, peripheral nerve palsy, vestibular disorders, anxiety disorders, insomnia
- Musculoskeletal diseases: osteoarthritis, spine issues, rheumatoid arthritis, neck-shoulder pain
- Rehabilitation after a stroke
- Reduction of belly fat, visceral fat
- Other chronic diseases
The foundation of traditional medicine, also known as Eastern or Oriental medicine, is the Yin-Yang of five basic elements (metal, wood, water, fire, earth). The treatment of diseases via Traditional Medicine incorporates adjustments to balance the Yin-Yang of the five basic elements to restore the body’s healthy balance in turn.
Depending on the patient’s medical condition, the doctor will prescribe appropriate treatment methods, which may include drugs, acupressure massage, acupuncture, electro-acupuncture or implantation at acupoints. The implant method is also used in the treatment of reducing belly fat and visceral fat to help patients achieve their desired aesthetic effects.
Diec Kha Han, Specialist Level I, MD, Head of FV Hospital’s Traditional Medicine Department, says that traditional medicine treatment methods stimulate the nervous system, blood circulation, and metabolism of the body, thus limiting side effects in treatment and related to corresponding drug use. The benefits from traditional medicine are often long-lasting and there is a very low risk of complications after treatment.
In order to help more people access the long-lasting, effective treatments in traditional medicine, from November 20, 2021 to January 20, 2022, the Traditional Medicine Department at FV Hospital is offering a 20 per cent discount programme for packages of five treatments using acupuncture, electro-acupuncture, acupressure massage, subcutaneous acupuncture, and wormwood. Purchased packages are valid until December 31, 2022, and do not apply discounts on implant materials.
At FV, doctors specialising in traditional medicine combine the use of modern imaging and rehabilitation equipment to support diagnosis and treatment to achieve optimal treatment efficiency. Procedures are also performed in a separate standard room equipped with a full range of the latest equipment, such as fully tested and certified acupuncture machines combined with electrical pulses. This combination of traditional medicine experience and modern technologies, together with the JCI accredited international-standard healthcare environment at FV ensures an optimal experience for patients, including improved treatment outcomes.
Notable methods at the Faculty of Traditional Medicine:
- Acupuncture is a treatment during which needles are applied to acupuncture points under the skin (no drugs are used); in some cases, a light current is applied to acupoints. According to the WHO, acupuncture can treat more than 40 diseases, symptoms and disorders.
- Implants in the form of self-dissolving threads can be placed into an acupoint under the skin to continuously maintain stimulation than acupuncture alone. Implants can be applied in cosmetology as a safe, effective way of helping to reduce belly fat and obesity.
- Acupressure massage is a manual therapy technique that acts through the patient’s acupoints, skin, tendons, and muscles, helping to stimulate nerves and promote nutrient exchange in the body.
To book an appointment with Dr Diec Kha Han, Head of the Traditional Medicine Department, please contact: 028 5411 3333, extension 7000