The Charity Painting Programme “Give A Child A Chance In Life” Is Back!
The free-to-enter painting and drawing programme “Give a child a chance in life” is now running for the second time. This programme not only encourages young artists to show their creativity, but helps to secure financial contributions to The Children of Vietnam Charitable Fund and help their less fortunate young friends receive much-needed medical care.
I. Organiser: The Children Of Vietnam Charitable Fund
II. Eligible participants: Anyone under 16 years old
III. Topic: Any
IV. Material: Any
V. Painting size: A3 (29.7 cm x 42 cm) or A4 (21 cm x 29.7 cm)
VI. Reasons to take part:
a. Win quarterly prizes
- 1st Prize: VND 2,000,000
- 2nd Prize: VND 1,500,000/prize, two prizes awarded
- 3rd Prize: VND 1,000,000/prize, three prizes awarded
- 4th Prize: VND 500,000/prize, four prizes awarded
b. Young artists will have their work displayed in the Auction Gallery
- The Auction Gallery will appear at FV Hospital’s Lobby or another location decided by the Fund.
- Paintings entered to the gallery will be auctioned off.
- For paintings that place 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th and are sold: 100% of auction revenue will be donated to the Fund. (The artist will receive a cash prize, as outlined above.)
- For other paintings entered: 50% of auction revenue will be donated to the Fund, the remaining 50% will be given to the artist.
VII. The programme will run from September 15, 2018 to April 30, 2019.
Award ceremony: June 1, 2019
VIII. How young artists can participate:
- Paintings must be unframed originals and be signed on the back by the artist. The back of the painting must clearly state the following information: Name of the work of art, name of the artist, the artist’s guardians’ contact address and telephone number (because the artists are children, they should include their parents’ or guardians’ contact information and not their own.)
- Paintings should be submitted to:
- The Children of Vietnam Charitable Fund
- Address: FV Hospital, No. 6 Nguyen Luong Bang, District 7, Ho Chi Minh City.
- Please mark the outside of the envelope: “I am PAINTING to help my underprivileged young friends”.
IX. General rules:
- Prizes are decided and awarded by the Fund.
- Works submitted to the Contest will not be returned to the artist.
- Copyright for the works in the Contest are owned by the Children of Vietnam Fund. The Fund will retain the right to use the works entered into the Contest for the purposes of the Fund, and will retain the exclusive right to use the information relating to artists and works for media publication.
- Organisers are not responsible for errors or mistakes in personal information, as well as errors in information provided by contestants.
- Information on the awards, awards ceremonies and auction gallery will be posted on our website, the Facebook Fanpage of FV Hospital, and other mass media.
- For more information about Children of Vietnam Fund, please visit: