The FV Hospital Bone and Joint Centre is a one-stop-shop with a proven track record for all types of orthopaedic conditions. The guiding principle of the FV Bone and Joint Centre is to deliver exceptional patient care.
Orthopaedics is the medical specialty that focuses on injuries and diseases of your body’s musculoskeletal system, which is made up of bones, muscles, joints and ligaments. Aging, trauma, poor posture or high-impact sports can all cause injuries to these areas of the body.
FV Hospital provides a multi-disciplinary team of consultant orthopaedic surgeons, anaesthesiologists, pain specialists, nurses and occupational therapists to help patients return to an active and pain-free lifestyle. With our focus on expertise, speed, technology and patient-centric care, we are with our patients every step of the way on their road to recovery.
Scope of Bone & Joint surgical procedures
- Knee arthroscopy
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) rupture
- Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL) rupture
- Meniscus surgery and repair
- Patellar dislocation (kneecap)
- Knee replacement
- Hip replacement (total arthroplasty, intermediate hip prosthesis)
- Revision Total Hip replacement
- Shoulder arthroscopy
- Arthroscopic Acromioplasty
- Arthroscopic repair of rotator cuff tear
- Arthroscopic Stabilisation (Bankart Repair) for unstable dislocating shoulders
- Reconstruction of the acromio-clavicular joint
- Shoulder replacement
Foot and Ankle
- Metatarsal surgery
- Flexible flatfoot surgery (subtalar arthroreisis procedure)
- Hallux Valgus (bunions)
- Hammer toes
Hand, Elbow, Wrist
- Hand injuries and upper limb trauma (fractures and sprains, tendon injury, nerve injury)
- Chronic disorders such as Dupuytren’s contracture, carpal tunnel syndrome, tennis elbow, tendinitis, De Quervain’s tenosynovitis (trigger finger)
- Arthritis including inflammatory, rheumatoid arthritis, age-related, and trauma-related
- Congenital anomalies such as extra fingers or absence of fingers, radial clubhand, syndactyly
- Vascular anomalies of the hand and wrist
- Elbow arthroscopy
Spine surgery (by our team of neuro-surgeons)
- Chronic low back pain
- Herniated disc (Slipped Disc)
- Spinal stenosis
The Bone & Joint Centre outpatient clinics are located in the Surgical Centre on the 3rd floor of the V Building.
Patients can be admitted either in the Day Ward for day-care surgical procedures or in the Surgical Ward for procedures requiring hospitalisation.
- The Imaging Department is composed of highly trained professionals with international expertise in the imaging of musculoskeletal conditions led by top interventional radiologist Dr Pierre Jaillot. From the acquisition of the image to its interpretation, images are individually tailored to address the specific clinical concerns of the referring clinicians. The department uses state-of-the-art equipment such as a 1.5 Tesla MRI, a multi-slice CT Scanner, a bone densitometer and ultrasound machines
- The Operating Theatre is equipped with C-arms, arthroscopy systems, shaver systems and a number of high precision drills, bars and saws with varying speed and oscillating frequency, each suitable for special types of bones depending on their structure, size and characteristics. FV Hospital’s operating theatre is famous for the quality of the facility and equipment, its team of especially-trained nurses and its anaesthesiologists
- The Rehabilitation Department led by Ms Catherine Cousin, offers support and exercises to restore movement and function, follows specialised protocols for rehabilitation after various types of orthopaedic procedures such as hip and knee replacements, ACL reconstruction and more, and provides detailed patient information booklets