In August 2022, FV Hospital officially welcomed Sports Medicine Specialist Nguyen Xuan Vinh, MD, MSc to the team of senior doctors at FV’s Sports Medicine Unit.
Sports Medicine specialists deal with physical fitness and the prevention of injuries related to sports and exercise, they also deal with injuries related to sport activity in both adolescents and adults, specifically:
- Health checks before participating in sports for adolescents and adults
- Comprehensive evaluation and treatment of sports and activity related injuries
- Physical activity instruction for adolescents (school age people) and adults
- Physical activity guidelines for adults or seniors with chronic conditions: Osteoarthritis, Type 2 Diabetes, Hypertension, Bronchopulmonary disease and physical disabilities
- Assess fitness, correct abnormalities and advise athletes on training strategies to help them achieve optimal physical performance
In addition, Dr Nguyen Xuan Vinh is also a senior medical doctor in FV’s General Practice, Family Medicine And Check-Up Department, specialising in examination, treatment and management of diseases:
- Cardiovascular: Hypertension, chronic ischemic heart disease, heart failure
- Metabolic disorders: Diabetes, dyslipidaemia, hyperuricemia, hyperthyroidism, hypothyroidism
- Diseases of the digestive system, hepatobiliary system: Gastritis, GERD, Hepatitis B, C, alcohol-related issues
- Depressive disorders: sleep disorders, anxiety
- Diseases of the musculoskeletal system: spinal degeneration, disc herniation, knee osteoarthritis
With 16 years of experience in the treatment of general medical diseases, Dr Nguyen Xuan Vinh brings FV’s patients effective methods of treatment and disease control through careful and personal consultation, individualized treatment, while always putting them at the centre of all care decisions. He also helps customers with sports training needs to select appropriate training methods so that they limit their risk of injury and improve their performance.
Dr Vinh, MD, MSc, graduated from University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Ho Chi Minh City, in 2006 and earned a Master of General Internal Medicine in 2013 at the same school.
Dr Xuan Vinh has also completed multiple advanced training courses, including First Aid for Coma, Poisoning and Metabolic Disorders at Pham Ngoc Thach Medical University in collaboration with the French University in 2009; Research on Epidemiology at University of Medicine and Pharmacy in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam and Fukushima University, Japan in 2011; Management of Tuberculosis and Pneumonia, Central Thoracic Institute, Thailand, 2014.
Previously, Dr Vinh worked at the Emergency Department, Thong Nhat Hospital (2006-2008); Intensive Care Unit, Thong Nhat Hospital (2008-2016); Intensive Care Unit, University Medical Center Ho Chi Minh City (2016-2017). He was Director of General Clinic Nguyen Tat Thanh University (2018-2019) and Head of Emergency, Than Dan Hospital (2019-2022).
Dr Nguyen Xuan Vinh will ensure the Sports Medicine Unit at FV Hospital continues to develop and becomes the go-to place for examination for patients when need they need care due to injuries or medical needs, or need advice on a suitable, personalised exercise regimen.
To book an appointment with Dr Nguyen Xuan Vinh, FV’s General Practice, Family Medicine and Check-ups, please contact: (028) 54 11 33 33.