The Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation Department is located on the first floor of the F Building. Speech Therapy consultations are located in the Lifestyle Clinic of the V Building. Osteopathy services are also available at the FV Saigon Clinic in District 1.
It aims to optimise a patient’s well-being and functionality so that they can return back to their chosen life activities whether at home, work or leisure. On a one-to-one basis, our therapists assist you in managing your pain, restoring your mobility and strength, functionality and independence.
Based on the medical referral, your condition and circumstances, a specific treatment plan is performed to optimise your recovery whilst both in hospital and during your subsequent rehabilitation.
Our staff, comprising of physiotherapists, osteopaths, speech therapists, operates as a multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary team. They have extensive experience working with newborns, children, adults and seniors, with various physical conditions.
Individual treatments are provided by therapists associating different techniques such as massage, joint mobilization, manipulation, stretching, strengthening, proprioception along with the use of different modalities such as thermotherapy, electro-stimulation and fitness training.
Physiotherapy services are directly towards evaluating, restoring and maximizing patient’s physical ability and functions of the body through:
- Manual treatment including massage, joint mobilisation, muscle stretching and strengthening, balance activities and gait training
- Electrotherapy or mechanical modalities
- Home programme guidance, ergonomics and education
- Providing assistive equipment such as crutches, splints etc.
Physiotherapy is recommended for the following conditions:
- Pre or post-surgery conditions
- Post injury including sport-related injury of the shoulder, knee or ankle
- Muscles or joint inflammation such as tendinitis, arthritis
- Neurological conditions – such as stroke, brain injuries, nerve damage
- Spine rehabilitation including low back pain and neck pain
- Hand rehabilitation
- Women’s health conditions such as pre or postnatal rehabilitation, pelvic floor rehabilitation, after breast cancer surgery or lymphatic drainage
New-borns and children
- Respiratory care including bronchiolitis, pulmonary infections or asthma
- Growing or postural disorder, scoliosis
- Motor development delay
- Post injury or post-operative conditions
Osteopathy services aim to restore well-balanced body mechanics and the flow of fluids within the body.
Osteopathy use gentle hands-on manipulation of the body, stimulation of one’s self-healing potential to relieve pain and muscle spasms quickly, as well as to restore mobility of the joints and the structures of the body through:
- Soft tissue and joint mobilization
- Muscles energy techniques
- High velocity manipulation
- Cranial therapy
- Visceral therapy
Osteopaths assess and treat a wide range of conditions for adults, elderly, pregnant women, children and newborns including:
- Musculoskeletal pain or disorders such as back-neck pain, hip or knee pain and ankle sprain
- Sport injuries
- Neurologic condition such as sciatica, disc herniation, thoracic outlet syndrome
- Digestive disorders such as gastro-oesophagus reflux disorder, constipation and more
- Respiratory disease such as asthma
- Headache, migraine, vertigo
At the FV Saigon Clinic osteopaths treat patients in a room designed with the patient’s comfort in mind equipped with:
- State-of-the-art electric adjustable tilt treatment couch with a head cut-out, easily adaptable to each patient’s unique shape and abilities
- Pillows and cushion to maintain the patient’s comfort in any position during the treatment, allowing for a variety of options of pain-free treatment positions
- Clean, dedicated floor space for therapeutic tests and exercises
- Large windows for natural calming light, an important feature in particular in the case of tension or stress-related pains
- Curtains and dividers to respect the patient’s privacy
- The facility has everything needed to receive treatment in a professional, calm and relaxing environment, in the middle of the hustle one of the busiest areas of the city.
SPEECH THERAPY SERVICES
Speech therapy services are towards assessing, restoring or optimizing communication and swallowing functions in people of all ages and conditions through:
- Muscle activation techniques
- Voicing and breathing techniques
- Management of swallowing safety through compensatory techniques including posture and diet modification
- Education and functional exercise training
- Modification of communication behaviours to improve intelligibility
- Language stimulation or re-activation techniques
- Alternative communication modes
The speech therapist addresses a wide range of conditions including:
- Neurological conditions including stroke, motor neuron disease, dementia and head trauma
- Head and neck post-surgery conditions, including neurosurgery or tracheotomy
- Functional and organic voice disorders
- Acquired communication disorders including aphasia, dysarthria and apraxia
- Facial palsy
Pre-school children/ children
- Language delay associated with multilingualism
- Developmental delay and childhood disability associated with conditions such as cerebral palsy
- Language-based learning and literacy disorders
- Speech disorders such as stuttering and articulation disorders
- Feeding difficulties associated with prematurity, cleft palate and neurological conditions
REHABILITATION EQUIPMENT SOLUTIONS
The Rehabilitation Department sells and provides services for alternative mobility or splinting solutions enhancing your comfort and your independence.
Fitting perfectly to your needs, rehabilitation products are sold based on your condition and include measurement, adjustment and training to use properly this equipment.
Based on medical referral, a broad range of rehabilitation equipment is available including:
- Mobility assistive equipment such crutches or wheelchairs
- Braces (lumbar or joint braces)
- Compressive garments
- Other rehabilitation products such as elastic bands, tape, electric pads and more
- Custom-made hand splints.
Individual Manual Therapy Rooms
The department has five individual rooms designed to respect the privacy and comfort of the patient. Rooms are specifically designed to receive:
- Patients with mobility restricted equipped with adjustable electric couch,
- Respiratory care.
- Spine disorders.
Hand Therapy area
- Fully equipped for hand rehabilitation
- Paraffin bath – used to heal, hydrate, and soften joints, tissue, and skin
- Thermoplastic splinting custom made and mould to fit perfectly to hand or fingers of the patient
Individual Gym Room
- Exercise and training area – provides an active and motivating environment for patients to restore their functionality
- Gymnasium equipment – mirrors, wall bars, weights and exercises balls
Gait training Area
- Stationary bike
- Recumbent bike – providing both upper and lower body physical training
- Rehabilitation stairs, parallel bars and all walking aids – used for gait training
- Trampoline and balance boards – to strengthen muscles to improve balance
- Tilt couch –to allow patients to stand gradually.
Other modalities used for inpatients and outpatient include
- Neuromuscular Electro stimulation NMES – to recover muscle strength
- Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (T.E.N.S.) – to release acute or chronic pain
- Ultrasound – to influence the remodelling of scar tissue and reduce inflammatory
- Cold therapy – used in post-traumatic, or post-surgical treatment to reduce inflammatory process and pain
- Ice compressive therapy – also used in post-traumatic or post-surgical treatment in helping reduce inflammation, pain and as well as swelling
- Heat therapy – Hydro collator heating units used to relax muscles and improve joint mobility
- Knee Continuous Passive Motion (CPM) to recover joint motion following surgery
- Lymphatic Drainage Unit to treat lymphedema primary or secondary to cancer surgery
- Cardio Pulmonary monitoring devices including oxymeters, cardio belt and peak flow
- Nebulizer therapy which can be administered to provide medication into lungs prior chest therapy
SPEECH THERAPY OUTPATIENT CONSULTATION
Located in the Lifestyle Clinic in V Building, is a tranquil, clean and comfortable area with lots of natural light.
The wheelchair friendly consultation room has been designed to be safe and practical for patients of all ages. It is equipped with comfortable seating arrangements, toys and activities for children.
Speech Therapy OPD consultation awaits any patients with communication or swallowing difficulties.
- Picture communication technology and a touch screen interactive computer to train children and adults to use multimodal communication
- Toys and tools to enable learning, language stimulation and cognitive development
- Equipment for comprehensive feeding and swallowing assessment and management